Guidelines on Identifying a (Potential) Bullier:
If 3 or more of these are answered in the affirmative, you may be sure that your referral is in the best interests of the child, family, and school.
Does this child…
– Have to always be the ‘first’ or the ‘winner’? Become mean if not first/not victorious?
– Habitually blame others without taking on any personal responsibility?
– Declare him/herself the victim in all conflicts?
– Become angry at—or insulted easily by—peers?
– Seem less emotionally upset (other than indignation) than others after a conflict has occurred?
– Enjoy seeing others make mistakes? – Lie/obfuscate to avoid even simple, non-serious consequences?
– Regard rules as only applicable when adults are nearby?
– Appear disinterested or unaffected when being scolded?