If 3 or more of these are answered in the affirmative, you may be sure that your enrollment is in the best interests of the child and family.
Does this child…
- Have to always be the ‘first’ or the ‘winner’? Become mean if not first/not victorious?
- Blame others without taking on any personal responsibility?
- Declare him/herself the victim in all conflicts?
- Become angry at—or insulted easily by—peers?
- Seem less emotionally upset (other than indignation) than others after a conflict has occurred?
- Enjoy seeing others make mistakes?
- Lie/obfuscate to avoid even simple, non-serious consequences?
- Regard rules as only applicable when adults are nearby?
- Appear disinterested or unaffected when being scolded?
If so, direct, compassionate and constructive intervention is essential.